Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good Bye Old Friend!

For Thine is the Kingdom For Thine is Life

For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

- TS Elliot

And so it is done.
No Press, no Cameras, no Pomp and Circumstance.
Nothing.
Not even does the last of its kind get to go into the GM Museum.
Nothing but a 2010 strip down white G6.
The last of a fleet order and also the last of a legend.

My fascination with Pontiac started at a young age. When I was a boy I would spend time at my fathers Lincoln Mercury Jeep store which just so happened to be right next to the Pontiac store. When I should have been admiring the CJ-7's, Cougars, Capri’s and the Town Cars I often found myself wandering over to my fathers competitor to revel in that which was the Trans Am.
Damn did I love those cars (and still do). The hours I spent on the showroom of Miller Pontiac dreaming of the day when I too would be the lucky owner of a 1977 Black T/A. In later years it was the 87 T/A GTA then the 93 Convertible T/A GTA then the 03 T/A WS6, then the 06 GTO and finally the 09 G8. These are just to name a few but the list goes on. Over the years these were the Pontiacs I was blessed to have owned.

1977 Fire Bird (Yellow Bird Edition)

1984 6000

1995 Grand Am GT (Brought My New Born Home In This One)

1997 Grand Am GT

1999 Grand Prix GT

2003 Vibe GT (First in the state of Utah)

2009 G8 GT (Still Own Will Never Sell)

So there it is the end is here.
Thank you to the 100's of thousands of Pontiac workers who throughout the years gave little boys hope and made dreams come true.

Thanks for the memories Pontiac my you Rest In Peace.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home