Saturday, August 8, 2009

The wandering mind!

This is the first Saturday I have had to work in a long time. The managers here at Kenworth decided a few weeks ago the Used Truck Department would participate in the Saturday Sales rotation. I think it's only fair, if the New Truck guys have to work rotating Saturdays then the Used guys should to. Any way it's kind of nice. I got here at 9:00 and was able to catch up on a few things and make a few calls, I have even gotten a sales up. It's all good. Here is the problem though. For about the last 1/2 hour I haven’t really had any thing to do so my mind has wandered a little. I thought to myself "I wonder what it would be like to be Arnold Swartzenager in his younger days". I then put my vast computer knowledge and resources to work and WALLLA! I’m Arnold!
So after having a great time pretending to be the world’s most popular muscle man I stared wondering what it might be like to be a 30 something starlet. The cameras, the fame, the clothes, the stalkers, the endless supply of Cocaine. There was only one person suitable for this role.
But what about something non-human. Something UN-capable of feeling emotions like love, fear, lust, sadness, happiness, joy. Something hard and tough, something you can't reason with and most of all something you can't kill. Something programmed to destroy the human race at all costs.
Although I enjoyed a moment of not feeling the burden of emotions and the weakness of the flesh, it was just too cold. I wanted to feel again so I started at the beginning. I took a walk on the wild side (no pun intended) and for just a moment believed Darwin and this theory of evolution may just be right .
Ahh what a life, swinging from the trees, picking bugs off of my brothers and sisters, all the bananas I could eat, pooping where ever I wanted to and not having to worry about what the other Baboons and Monkeys thought of my pooping habits. It was bliss but it was not meant to be. Plain and simple, I missed the United States. But if I came back I had to be human. How could I live the life I so learned to love in the jungle? And then it struck me! I could come back as one thing and one thing only!
I hope you all enjoyed this foray in to my wandering mind, I know I sure did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oh my gosh Matt you are hilarious! I think it may be a good idea to rethink the Saturday rotation if you have enough time to amuse yourself with those awesome photos! Very stunning!

August 9, 2009 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Ryan, Helen and Kids said...

Matt............lmao. Ryan

September 3, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home