Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sometimes They Get It Right!

Last Sunday with nothing to do I decided to sit in my Lazy Boy and see what was on the tube. Totally by accident I turned to the speed channel. I know being the car guy I am you would think I watch the Speed Channel all the time. Short of Bull run and Barrett Jackson I never watch the Speed Channel. To much NATCAR stuff, it bores me to death. Any whoo, hoping to catch a re-run of the auction I turned to Speed. What I found instead was a documentary called "Love The Beast".

It's a documentary about Australian actor Eric Bana better known as "The Incredible Hulk" and his love of his first car given to him by his father at age 16. The car is a 1974 Ford falcon XB GT Coupe. That car just so happens to be in my top 5 of coolest cars ever built so I was immediately interested.The story is basically about Eric's battle between his acting career and his true love of racing in the Australian GT Tarmac series. As you can see in the above picture after 3000 man hours Eric was able to restore his beloved XB GT to full race spec and fulfill his dream of racing.As the documentary progresses you see Eric’s dream come true but you also see the difficulty in driving a car that powerful and that big in an endurance race series. You begin to realize that sometimes the "dream" is not as easy as you think. I cried my eyes out when I saw this happen!

In the end after Eric and his navigator wreck his car he has to make a choice. Does he fix the car he loves and get back on the track or does he help some one he loves realize a dream of their own.

I won't ruin it for you but I believe Eric makes the right choice.

Have you ever herd the Harley phrase "If I tried to explain it to you, you would not understand"? Well that’s how I feel about cars and my family. I find a strange kind of peace in both. It's what I love and this story is one of the best I have ever seen.
The scenery, the tunes, the cars and the story are great. I would recommend it to any one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

very cool car! touching story. sorry but it probably won't be on MY watch list, sounds totally up gregg and the boys alley though!

January 10, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home