Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Season Has Finally Come To A Close!

Well as much as I hate to say it Football is officially over. Tonight was our Team Banquet so that’s that!
I can’t begin to explain how much I enjoy coaching Little League Football. Not only do I get to spend hours on end coaching and being a part of my son's life but also I get the reward of hopefully, being a good influence on several young men's lives. It is truly a great gift for me and I am thankful for being a part of it.
As most of you know that being a member of the Copper Hills Little League Board Of Directors and a Coach takes a ton of both mine and DeEtte's time. DeEtte, myself and especially Skyler can't tell you how appreciative we are for the support we receive throughout the Football year. From posts on this blog to calls from down south to seeing familiar faces in the crowd at each game, we appreciate it all.
I have to say the highlight of the year for me (aside from watching Skyler play) was when not only both of my sisters and their families but my 80 year old mother braved low 30's to come watch Skyler at an 8:00 P.M game. Thanks for being there. I also greatly appreciated Skyler’s Grandparents Neil and Julynne and their faithful support at each of his season and post season games. We love and thank all of you.
Most of all I want to tell Skyler how proud of him we are. He may not have been the most physically gifted boy on the field but he did the best he could and always gave 100%. Job well-done Skyler! We love you!
Well that’s about it! IM counting the seconds until next June!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan, Helen and Kids said...

Good job Sky and Matt... We are also so excited for next year!

December 9, 2008 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Rory and Courtney Duckworth said...

RORY LOVES FOOTBALL!!! That’s right! I am glad I made the highlight picture show. Good job Skyler and Matt.

December 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hey it has to come to a close for a while or no person can physically make it through a season. hopefully next year we can make it to a game or two....soccer, football, basketball and baseball wipe me out! i have enjoyed the little month repreieve from sports...oh ya, tomorrow it starts again! YIPEE!!!

December 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home