Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tom Turkey Called, He Wants His Gizzards Back!

Gizzard... What a great word! I am so happy to have Thanksgiving here. It really is the only time of year when we frequently use the word "Gizzard". Many things can be referred to as "Gizzards" such as, the hangy thing in the back of your throat, the mole on DeEtte's hip, that big giant black head on Skylers nose, those little skin things that grow like mushrooms on my neck and arms, the spots of mold growing on your now rotting Halloween pumpkins, bo-dags, Remmy’s pee thinger, that wart on my finger that wont go away. The list goes on.

Most of all I love to cook our Thanksgiving dinner. DeEtte, Skyler and I have made it a family tradition to get up each Thanksgiving morn and cook our meal. In the early years Skyker was a little shaky with his duties but as the years have passed he has gotten allot better. The boy can cut some serious celery I tell ya! It's loads of fun.

I just wanted to post a couple of pictures on here to give all of you some insight as to what Thanksgiving means to me. Enjoy!

Before:
After:
UUUUMMMMMMM..... FAAAARRRRMMMM FRESH TURRRRRRKKKEEEYYYYY!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan, Helen and Kids said...

We also can't wait! This will be our second year on our own so I am exited to try another great recipe! Miss you guy’s soooooo much! Love from the South!

November 13, 2008 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Gee, wow leave it up to you to think of all the most discusting things in the world i would like to NOT think about as far as what a 'gizzard' might be.....gross!
We hope you had a great one, and your turkey looked as yummy as that one!

December 2, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home